#0 - Sept. 11, 2008, 7:02 p.m.
Keep in mind that all of the other standard cooldowns and restrictions will continue to apply; we’re just opening the option to transfer characters on Normal realms to Player-vs.-Player realms. Please review the Paid Character Transfer FAQ (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20558&rhtml=true?rhtml=y) if you have any questions on how this service works.
You can use this service at any time by visiting your Account Management (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account) page and selecting the “Paid Character Transfer” button.
PvE to PvP Paid Character Transfers FAQ
Q: Why are you now allowing character transfers from PvE realms to PvP realms?
- A: Because World of Warcraft has matured significantly since the inception of Paid Character Transfers, we don’t feel that PvE-to-PvP transfers will have the negative impact on the game that we initially wanted to avoid when we started the service in 2006. This change will provide more mobility and freedom for players to experience the game with friends or play in the type of environment they’re looking for.
Q: So I can transfer any character to any PvP realm of my choosing now?
- A: Yes, as long as there are no other existing restrictions that would prevent the transfer from taking place, such as trying to transfer a Horde character to a PvP realm where you already play an Alliance character. Please see the Paid Character Transfer FAQ for more details and restrictions.
Q: Do PvE-to-PvP transfers differ from other transfers?
- A: No. The same rules and restrictions will apply to these transfers. Please visit the Paid Character Transfer FAQ for further details.
Q: What if I don’t like the PvP realm I transferred to? Can I go elsewhere?
- A: Any character that has completed a realm transfer can be transferred again after 30 days have passed.
Q: Will there be any measures implemented to prevent abuse of this feature?
- A: We’ll continue to monitor all realms and make changes to how the service works if it appears that abuse is taking place.
Q: Will you offer PvE-to-PvP Free Character Moves in the future now that the option is available through the Paid Character Transfer service?
- A: We may offer Free Character Moves from PvE realms to PvP realms in the future, should the need arise.
Q: Will I now be able to create both Alliance and Horde characters on the same PvP realm on one account?
- A: Creating both Horde and Alliance characters on the same PvP realm is still restricted, for many of the same reasons why Alliance and Horde characters cannot speak to each other in the game. Maintaining a barrier between the Alliance and Horde factions supports fair gameplay and is in keeping with the spirit of the Warcraft universe.