Four new level-up dungeons and four maximum-level dungeons await players who venture into the Dragon Isles. Whether you’re looking for loot, a new challenge, or to learn more about this ancient land, you’ll need to gather your courage— and your allies— for the trials ahead.
- Ruby Life Pools
- Brackenhide Hollow
- The Nokhud Offensive
- Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
- The Azure Vault
- Halls of Infusion
- Algeth'ar Academy
Zone: The Waking Shores
Ruby Life Pools
As the ancestral nesting grounds for the five flights, the Ruby Life Pools is a sacred place. The Red Dragonflight, whose charge it is to nurture all life, protect these pools and the future of all dragonkind held within them.
However, Raszageth and her Primalists have come to steal that future away and infuse their own powers into the sacred pools. They must be stopped for dragonkind to thrive.
- Melidrussa Chillworn: Melidrussa Chillworn leads the Primalist infusion efforts in the Ruby Life Pools. Her fervent belief is that she is protecting young dragon eggs from the influence of the titans and cleansing them from the stain of Order magic. She will stop at nothing to fulfill her calling and return the eggs to what she believes is their natural state.
- Kokia Blazehoof: As Primalist forces assault the Ruby Life Pools from all sides, it falls to Kokia and her Blazebound lieutenants to capture precious eggs from overwhelmed defenders, spreading flame and havoc as they go.
- Kyrakka and Erkhart Stormvein: Kyrakka and Erkhart roam the skies above the Ruby Life Pools coordinating attacks on the shrine below while also taking out any interfering dragons. If left unchecked, they burn the Life Pools to the ground and blow the remaining ash away in a cleansing elemental storm.
Beneath the Obsidian Citadel lies Neltharus, home of the black dragonflight’s hoard and the secrets behind their legendary forging. When the djaradin woke from their slumber, they chose Neltharus as the point of entry for their attack. Surprised to find it deserted, they quickly laid claim to its secrets for themselves... as well as the rest of the Obsidian Citadel.
- Chargath, Bane of Scales: This veteran dragon hunter’s title was given eons as a mark of legend. While the Qalashi hunters under his command train, he plans their next offensive and awaits with eager anticipation the opportunity to display his expertise.
- Forgemaster Gorek: As one of the djaradin’s most distinguished craftsmen, the Forgemaster Gorek now resides in his sweltering chamber of the black dragon barracks. There, he harnesses the igneous power of the massive forge to construct deadly weaponry.
- Magmatusk: The djaradin discovered many of Neltharion’s secrets while plundering Neltharus. An experimental potion gone awry created Magmatusk, a behemoth of a mammoth bent on sheer destruction.
- Warlord Sargha: Leader of the Qalash djaradin, Warlord Sargha has been in search of anything that would increase the power of her clan and help take down their draconic enemies. In the hoard at the heart of Neltharus, she may have found exactly what the djaradin need.
Zone: The Azure Span
Brackenhide Hollow is the largest gnoll settlement in the Dragon Isles, and home tounspeakable danger. Decay seeps from the Hollow, spreading among the gnoll tribes of the Azure Span and threatening to rot away all life. In the heart of the Hollow lies the leader of the Brackenhide, and the knowledge she gleefully shares with her withered kin.
- Hackclaw’s War-Band: Rira Hackclaw and her compatriots, Gashtooth and Tricktotem have risen up as a deadly warband among the Brackenhide. Their tactics are the reason tuskarr never travel alone, and their strength is the reason Wratheye has them guarding the gate to the Hollow.
- Treemouth: Withered by decay, this once proud ancient has been dubbed Treemouth by the gnolls. As the rot settled into its branches, so too did it settle in the poor creature’s mind, leaving a creature bent on nothing more than the need to feed and spread decay.
- Gutshot: This sharpshooting gnoll has mastered the art of hunting, trapping, and killing her prey. Impressed by her abilities and cunning, the Decatriarch has assigned Gutshot to oversee and train the other hunters…and take out any interlopers that might venture too far into Brackenhide.
- Decatriarch Wratheye: Wratheye discovered decay magic in her thirst for power, and declared herself the Decatriarch after mastering it. She now builds the strength of the Brackenhide by spreading her dark magic among her tribe so the tuskarr, and all of the Azure Span, will rot in its wake.
The Azure Vault
Long ago, Malygos created the Azure Vault as a place for Sindragosa to catalogue and store away curious magical artifacts he found. Locked away and deserted millenia ago, the Vault has since fallen into disrepair, leaving it vulnerable to attacks from without… and within.
- Leymor: Leymor was born of a humble seedling that Malygos found in a pool of ley energy. Once but a small sprout in Sindragosa’s garden, over millenia Leymor has shot up like a weed. Left to its own devices, the looming giant would surely overrun the entirety of the Azure Vault.
- Azureblade: As security for the Vault, Azureblade refused to leave when it was sealed, choosing duty over safety. When the blue dragons failed to return, her bitter resignation drove her to eventual madness. Extending her own life with the magics she was sworn to protect, Azureblade now claims ownership over all the blue dragonflight left behind.
- Telash Greywing: Furious at the blue dragonflight, Telash Greywing is determined to find the secrets that Sindragosa has been hiding in the Arcane Vault. Together with the Sundered Flame, he is certain he will discover more about the origins of the dracthyr... and incriminating evidence against the blue dragonflight.
- Umbrelskul: Millenia ago, Umbrelskul unwittingly meddled with raw arcane power. Riddled with crystalline growths, he was taken to the Azure Vault until a cure could be found. Sadly, the Vault was sealed away before the research was completed, leaving Umbrelskul sleeping in stasis... until now.
Zone: Ohn'ahran Plains
The Nokhud Offensive
After Clan Nokhud captured the ancient eagle spirit, Ohn’ahra, civil war spread across the Ohn’ahran plains like wildfire. To the other clans, Ohn’ahra is more than a mere spirit: she is their goddess. Primalists summon elemental forces, and necromancers command the spirits of legendary centaur. Beset by enemies, the other Maruuk clans rally. The Nokhud tyrant, Balakar Khan, watches from afar, bellowing commands. Relentless enemy offenses will continue until his forces submit. The battlefield awaits.
- Granyth: Granyth casts his shadow over the plains of Ohn’ahra appearing as an omen of death and destruction. As battles between centaur clans rage across the plains, he knows it is time to destroy his ancient enemies once and for all. Soon he will land on the battlefield. Clan Shikaar’s ballistae will be ready.
- The Raging Tempest: Violent storm winds that ravage the plains of Ohn’ahra have coalesced into an avatar of the storm. The Raging Tempest continues to gather power to devastate not only the plains of Ohn’ahra, but eventually the entirety of the Dragon Isles. Unless champions can defeat the stormcasters and dispel their relentless elemental, Primalist chaos will reign on the plains.
- Teera and Maruuk: Ukhel necromancers are resurrecting legendary centaur. The spirits of the first matriarch, Teera, and the centaur’s greatest warrior, Maruuk have risen from their graves. Once their furty has abated, perhaps they can find rest again…and eternal peace.
- Balakar Khan: Balakar Khan is the ruthless and mighty leader of the Nokhud clan. His stormcasters have captured the great eagle spirit Ohn’ahra, and he wants to seize the Windmother’s power. Hatred unites his clan against all “outsiders.” As the relentless offensive continues, someone must stand up to this tyrant.
Zone: Eastern Kingdoms: Badlands
Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
Halls of Infusion
Deep beneath Tyrhold lies the Halls of Infusion. Its structure was built upon an ancient wellspring, the waters of which were channeled by Keeper Tyr to feed the Life Pools of the red flight. Now that the Dragon Isles have reawakened, Primalist forces have invaded these halls. Have they come to destroy the facility…or to reveal secrets that Tyr left behind?
- Watcher Irideus: Tasked by Tyr to protect and maintain the Halls of Infusion, Watcher Irideus has performed his duties to perfection…until now. Caught off guard by the Primalists’ incursion, he was overwhelmed by the elemental forces they unleashed. A mistake he does not intend to make again.
- Gulping Goliath: Deep within the caverns of the halls of Infusion lurks the Gulping Goliath. Sire to countless generations of hornswogs, the Goliath and his brood have thrived upon the unprocessed waters of the wellspring. Driven by an insatiable hunger, he will eagerly devour any creature that strays too close to his lair.
- Khajin the Unyielding: Khajin the Unyielding seethes with hatred for Keeper Tyr for tampering with the ancient wellspring beneath Tyrhold. Waters that once flowed with the eternal essence of Azeroth have been polluted by Order magic. Khajin would see the world freed from the malignant legacy of the titans…at any cost.
- Primal Tsunami: Infuser Sariya is driven to restore the world to what it once was: a primal elemental landscape of unfettered power. She has used all her will and cunning to summon the Primal Tsunami, an elemental being mighty enough to topple Keeper Tyr’s facility and return the waters of the wellspring to their natural state.
Long ago, the great Algeth’ar Academy was a place of higher learning for all dragons. Though it fell dormant with the rest of the Isles, it has reopened and is back under the guidance of Headteacher Doragosa. In a series of exciting, new changes, the Academy is currently seeking new students from all walks of life, not just dragons, as well as volunteers, to help get it back to the bustling halls of education it once was. Those who walk the Academy grounds are sure to learn something new.
- Vexamus: As one of the most tenured professors in the academy, Maxdormu uses his powers as a bronze dragon to help bring his history lessons to life.
While this proves to be quite an educational and fun experience, it can occasionally go awry. Vexamus is one of Professor Maxdormu’s favorite lessons, but if any historical detail is inaccurate, he will be quick to scold any rowdy students.
- Overgrown Ancient: Professors Mystakria and Ichistrasz have used just a touch too much magic in an effort to clear the botany labs. Now they have a big, leafy problem on their hands in the form of an Overgrown Ancient that threatens to undo all their hard work.
- Crawth: The Lish Lirath, or Talon Toss, arena is quite literally for the birds these days. Crawth has taken up residence in the center of the arena and has no immediate plans to move out soon. Let’s see if we can get her to play ball…and leave.
- Echo of Headteacher Doragosa: Headteacher Doragosa thought of everything when it came to Algeth’ar Academy. Including a complex simulacrum of herself to take care of any day-to-day tasks and upkeep while the isles lay dormant. Now that the Academy is open once again, perhaps she can use it to help keep track of all the new students. It’s done a fine job in the interim and is absolutely the one spell that did not degrade after all these years. Perfectly stable and helpful. Right?
Challenging new adventures and glittering treasures await with the release of Dragonflight!