#1 - May 6, 2016, 2:36 a.m.
We have another alpha build going up today, primarily focused on bugfixes.
Notable changes focused on classes:
- Class Status – We’ve made many iterations based on feedback and testing. Here are some highlights:
- General – Tuning has started! A very rough pass has been made over all classes to get them into the same ballpark. Note that we have not yet finished a first tuning pass on artifacts yet; some specs are still significantly under- or over-powered with full artifacts. At this point, class mechanics are firm, but not necessarily set in stone yet.
- Protection Paladins – Revisions to Judgment, Avenger’s Shield, Consecration, and Shield of the Righteous, and Hammer of the Righteous, to create better gameplay. Seraphim readded as a talent.
- Brewmaster Monks – Gift of the Ox changed to trigger more reliably, and not trigger more often at low health. This effect has been moved to a talent, replacing Secret Ingredients. Expel Harm readded as a baseline ability.
- Retribution Paladins – Holy Wrath talent replaced with a new version of Sanctified Wrath.
- Marksmanship Hunters – Vulnerable revised to not snare the target.
- Artifact Trait Status – Mechanics are firm at this point, but not necessarily set in stone. An initial tuning pass is still ongoing. Some noteworthy changes include:
- Retribution Paladins – Divine Tempest and Echo of the Highlord tweaked.
- Brewmaster Monk – Active ability revised to grant a defensive benefit.
- Unholy Death Knight – Active ability revised to not overlap with Army of the Dead.
- Arcane Mages – Active ability revised to be attached to a target, instead of the ground.
- Broken Shore – Now ready for testing by Horde! We'd especially love to hear feedback about how it feels with both Horde and Alliance in there together. Please post feedback here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743715325
- Order Hall Campaigns – We’re ready to test the campaigns (including Missions) for a few additional classes:
Thanks, and we look forward to your feedback!
Also, check out the design notes from the previous build, if you haven't already as well: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743754371
EDIT: Added one additional change to Mark of Aluneth.
EDIT: Updated with link to Broken Shore feedback thread.