Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Legion. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
Additional information about the expansion can be found below.
- Entering a Timewalking Dungeon will no longer clear any planted plants from the Druid Evergreen upgrade.
- The fireballs from the cooking buff "Pepper Breath" should now scale properly in Timewalking.
- Class Hall Set 6-piece and 8-piece bonuses should now scale properly in Timewalking.
- Ironfur no longer incorrectly multiplies Bonus Armor effects from temporary buffs.
- (Balance) New Moon, Half Moon, and Full Moon are now in the Arcane spell school.
- Spirit Cauldrons no longer have collision.
Player versus Player
Reminder: These changes are only active while in PvP combat situations and do not affect PvE. Many more Honor Talent changes are coming with Patch 7.1, including changes to Destruction Warlocks, Windwalker Monks, Death Knights, Balance Druids, and Restoration Druids.
- Ice Form now has a 60 second cooldown (was 45 seconds).
- Ice Form can no longer be cast while stunned.
- Ice Form will now cause the Mage to be immune to only stuns, instead of other unintended crowd-control effects, such as Paralysis.
- Frostbolt no longer deals increased damage in PvP (was a multiplier of +10%).
- Developers’ Notes: Frost Mages are intended to create burst windows with Shatter and Glacial Spike, but have been reaching unintended levels of damage. By reducing Frostbolt damage, we’re reducing the potential size of Icicles and Glacial Spike burst. The Ice Form fixes should reduce its uptime, which was too high.
- Beast Mastery Agility reduced by 10% in PvP.
- Developers’ Notes: We’ve found Beast Mastery damage to be too high, but we don’t feel that it’s due to any specific ability or mechanic, so we’re reducing the overall PvP template.
- Mistwalk can no longer be cast while silenced.
- Soothing Mist healing reduced by 10% in PvP. (Soothing Mist version of Ancient Mistweaver Arts is unaffected.)
- Soothing Mist healing cast by Summon Jade Serpent Statue reduced by 10% in PvP.
- Developers’ Notes: Mistweavers been one of our strongest healers. We feel Soothing Mist is doing too much healing per second on its own, making it so that the Mistweaver doesn’t have to use cast-time healing spells as much as other healers, even when their target is taking high amounts of damage. We’re reducing Soothing Mist slightly to address this. Mistwalk was never intended to be used while the Mistweaver was silenced or locked out of Nature, so we’ve fixed that as a bug.
- Pure of Heart no longer causes Cleanse to incur a cooldown when it removes poisons and diseases.
- Pure of Heart no longer triggers when healed by a periodic heal effect, but will trigger when a spell such as Rejuvenation is initially cast.
- Developers’ Notes: Retribution Paladins are designed to be a formidable damage dealer and also have a protective, counter-control kit for their allies. Pure of Heart is intended to “soft-counter” poisons and diseases, but we feel it’s too strong currently when the Paladin is paired with a healing-over-time healer. Pure of Heart will now only trigger when a healing spell is applied, but not periodically during the spell.
- Blessing of Sanctuary now has a 30 second cooldown, up from 25 seconds.
- Developers’ Notes: Blessing of Sanctuary has proven to be a strong, signature Honor Talent, but we feel its cooldown is too short.
- System Shock now properly requires an Envenom cast with 5 or more combo points.
- System Shock’s damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Assassination’s Agility has been reduced by 5% in PvP.
- Developers’ Notes: The Assassination Rogue is intended to be a strong, persistent damage dealer that pressures targets but lacks the utility that Outlaw excels in or the mobility that Subtlety provides. We’ve been monitoring their damage and feel its higher than intended, and we’ve found some bugs with System Shock contributed to this. We’ve also altered their PvP template to effectively reduce their damage.
- Control is King will no longer stack Adrenaline Rush above a 3 second duration.
- Developers’ Notes: Control is King is intended to be an attractive choice for the Outlaw Rogue when within a control oriented team composition. This has worked out a bit too well. Now, subsequent procs of Control of King will no longer add to the duration, and instead will just refresh itself.
- Stormstrike’s damage is reduced by 15% in PvP.
- Heroism and Bloodlust now have a 60 second cooldown when modified by Shamanism (was 45 seconds).
- Developers’ Notes: The Enhancement Shaman is intended to be a formidable damage dealer who also provides offensive group utility through totems and buffs. Shamanism has been a popular choice for the Enhancement Shaman, allowing them to use Bloodlust/Heroism frequently and also in Arena combat. We like the utility this gives the Shaman, but feel its uptime is too high. Further, we feel the Enhancement Shaman’s burst damage with Stormstrike has been reaching unintended levels.
- General and LocalDefense chat channels are now functioning properly in the Shaman Class Hall.
Dungeons and Raids
- In Mythic Keystone dungeons, Shadow Priests who die due to Surrender to Madness expiring should no longer incur a 5 second time penalty.
- Emerald Nightmare
- Heart of Corruption
- On Mythic difficulty, the Corruptor Tentacle that previously spawned at 225 seconds into the fight now spawns at 235 seconds, and the Deathglare Tentacle that previously spawned at 240 seconds into the fight now spawns at 250 seconds.
- Heart of Corruption
- Items rewarded from emissary bags now more closely match the quality of World Quest rewards.
- The Spear of Rethu polearm now scales properly from character level 1 to 100, now properly appears in the heirloom list, and is now correctly a 2-handed weapon.
- Oculeth no longer disappears after completing the quest "Arcan'dor, Gift of the Ancient Magi."
- (Destruction) Dimensional Rift will no longer spawn portals that are out of range to do damage to your target.
Mythic Keystone Dungeons
- The amount of Artifact Power rewarded from end-of-run Mythic Keystone chests now increases with the Level of the Mythic Keystone Dungeon.
- When beating a Mythic Keystone timer by a margin so significant that your Keystone is upgraded by more than one step, you will earn multiple loot chests as before, however, the additional chests beyond the first will no longer contain Artifact Power.
- Developers’ Notes: These changes are aimed at aligning the efficiency of the different tiers of difficulty, so that a well-geared group of dungeon experts is rewarded more for tackling a high-level Mythic dungeon, rather than incentivized to stomp an entry-level dungeon.
- The Archaeology World Quest heirloom reward Spear of Rethu should now be item level 700, as intended (was item level 605).
- Moonkin Aura can no longer stack on targets.
- Steed of Glory now properly makes the Paladin immune to stun effects.
- Spirit Link Totem should no longer be damaged by Druids’ Rage of the Sleeper or Brambles.
- (Protection) Fixed a bug where Vengeance could cause Ignore Pain to consume less Rage than intended, but absorb for more.
- The cooldown for all Class Hall abilities which allow you to instantly complete a World Quest has been reduced from 3 days to 18 hours, and the time taken to complete the work order for the item used by these abilities has been reduced to 10 minutes.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes hid the barrier blocking the Feralas Portal in the Emerald Dreamway for Druids who have previously sealed it.
- Priest dungeon quests from missions will now be turned in to Moira Thaurissan, rather than Alonus Faol, who sometimes has other things to do.
Dungeons and Raids
- The Arcway
- Forgotten Spirits will no longer respawn in The Arcway.
- Timeless Wraiths will no longer attack players before they've been Banished In Time.
- When Olmyr the Enlightened or Solsten are engaged, the door to Hyrja's room will shut while they are in combat.
- Fury of Elune can no longer be cast during Arena and Battleground preparation.
- Demon Hunter
- Demon Hunters now start arenas with 0 Pain and Fury.
- Shadowy Duel now prevents you from assaulting bases in Domination battlegrounds such as Arathi Basin.
- Fury of Air can no longer be cast during Arena and Battleground preparation.
- High-level players should now be eligible for the "Trial of Faith" scenario during the Garrison Campaign.
- In the Withered Army Training scenario, it should be less likely for Leystalker Dro to be hiding somewhere that he wouldn't normally be encountered by clearing the room.
- Enigmatic puzzles should no longer become non-responsive when a large number of players try to do the same Enigmatic World Quest puzzle.
- Splitting Ice should now cause Glacial Spike to damage the secondary target for 80% of the damage dealt to the primary target, as intended.
- Stagger now delays 40% of damage taken (was 35%), and now quickly fades after leaving combat.
- (Restoration) The Artifact trait Tidal Pools will now correctly heal all areas when multiple Tidal Pools are active at once.
- Shadowflame's damage over time can now critically strike.
- Shield Slam now generates 20 Rage (was 10).
- Ignore Pain’s maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%.
- Inspiring Presence no longer stacks on players who have multiple Warriors present.
Dungeons and Raids
(All dungeon and raid hotfixes will take effect with realm restarts in each region.)
- Black Rook Hold
- Mythic Keystone target time increased to 38 minutes (was 35 minutes).
- Eye of Azshara
- Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 35 minutes (was 36 minutes).
- Maw of Souls
- Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 24 minutes (was 25 minutes).
- Neltharion’s Lair
- Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 33 minutes (was 35 minutes).
- Emerald Nightmare
- Vantus Runes can now be used in Mythic Emerald Nightmare.
- On Mythic difficulty, Il’gynoth’s health has been increased by 200%, but loses one-third of that value each time the Eye of Il’gynoth is defeated.
- On Mythic difficulty, each Nightmare Explosion now deals 20% more damage to the Eye of Il’gynoth.
- Developers’ Notes: A common strategy for Mythic Il’gynoth involved using raid compositions that focus on maximizing burst damage to complete the encounter in a single phase. This approach removes huge portions of the encounter and can overly favor a specific set of classes and specializations, causing negative social pressures in groups that have yet to reach this encounter. These changes ensure that raid groups must enter Il’gynoth’s core twice in order to complete the encounter on Mythic difficulty, but offset that change by speeding up the process of destroying the Eye to shorten the overall length of the encounter.
- Crafted items that upgrade to epic quality should now disenchant into Leylight Shards or Chaos Crystals.
- Shaman Totems will no longer take unintended extra damage from players.
- Players are now able to turn in "Ritual Ruination" to Calydus in Dreadscar Rift if they don’t take the portal out of the scenario.