Patch 6.2.2 is now available for testing on the Public Test Realms (PTR)! Participating on the Public Test Realms lets you test a patch before it has been released on live realms. If you'd like to help test and provide feedback, you can start by copying your character and downloading the PTR client. Once you've had a chance to try things out, visit the PTR Discussion forum to discuss the patch. To report issues or errors, use the in-game Submit Bug feature (found under Game Menu -> Help -> Submit Bug) or by visiting the PTR Bug Report forum.
- Text in red means it's newly added or has changed since the last update.
Crossed outmeans the change has been reverted since the last update.
- Please keep in mind that the notes below are not final, and details may be subject to change before the release of Patch 6.2.2.
- New information for features that are still in-development will be added as it becomes available.
- Not all content listed in the PTR Patch Notes may be available for testing or may have a limited test window.
Updated: August 12, 2015
In Development: Flying on Draenor
Flying has been enabled on Draenor for characters that have attained the account-wide achievement, Draenor Pathfinder. To help facilitate testing of this feature, accounts that have not yet obtained the achievement will be able to purchase a Manual of Rapid Pathfinding from Flaskataur in their Garrisons on the PTR.
- Please note there may still be areas or pockets on Draenor where flying has not yet been fully implemented. These areas will be tracked and listed in a forum thread titled "Flight in Draenor – Reported Bugs Thread" on the PTR Discussion forum.
In Development: PvP Mercenary Mode
Players will be able to act as a mercenary for the opposite faction in PvP whenever your faction is experiencing a long wait time to get into Ashran or unrated Battlegrounds. Agents of the enemy faction will appear in your base in Ashran (Stormshield for the Alliance, Warspear for the Horde) and allow you to enter Ashran or Battlegrounds disguised as an enemy player, and actually fight as the opposite faction.
While competing as a mercenary, players will automatically have their race changed into one appropriate for the opposite faction. Players will still be able to earn all the same rewards as winning or losing as their original faction (with the exception of faction-specific achievements).
- This feature is still in development and is not available initially on the PTR. Mercenary Mode will be enabled later in the PTR process.
- See the blog “In Development: PvP Mercenary Mode” for more information.
New Timewalking Rewards
- Players now receive a Timewarped Badge when they complete a Timewalking dungeon. These badges can be redeemed at new vendors that appear during a Timewalking bonus event. The new vendors sell new toys, new mounts, in addition to gear that scales up to the character's level at the time of purchase.
Timewalking Loot Changes
- Timewalking bosses who had unusual drops, such as Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake, now have a chance to drop those items when defeated while Timewalking.
- Fixed an issue where players are not added back to the threat list after dropping out of combat and accepting a battle rez.
- Fixed an issue where Hellfire Assault: Spoils of the Assault chest could incorrectly appear to be already open.
- Fixed an issue where Tyrant Velhari could not be clicked on if there is an Ancient Enforcer, Ancient Harbinger, or Ancient Sovereign near her.
- Ashran now has a deserter mechanic. Upon entering, players receive a 10-minute buff called Ashran Tour of Duty. If the player leaves an Ashran match before this buff expires, a 15-minute debuff called Recreant will be applied that prevents entry into another Ashran match.
Legendary Ring Quest Line
- New weekly quests have been added to help players catch-up in earlier stages of the Legendary Ring Quest Line for Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry.
- Steelsnout should now be correctly immune to being trapped by Deadly Iron Trap.
- The interior of the Armory at Stormshield should now be correctly furnished.
- Removed a stack of objects floating outside of the Armory at Stormshield.
- Cartographers have been notified and corrected a spelling error on the world map.
- Weaponsmith Kaul should now be able to repair the player's equipment.
- Darkmoon Rabbit should now correctly respect loot rules.
- The maximum size of a mount is now capped at 150% of base size for cosmetic effects.
- Tooltips for items that have been empowered or created by Baleful tokens now have a Baleful and/or Empowered tag.
- Baleful rings, neck, trinkets, and cloaks should now always create an item that has Bonus Armor for Tanking loot specializations, and Spirit for Healing loot specializations.
- Brazier of Awakening should no longer despawn at the end of a raid encounter without resurrecting a raid or party member.
- Medallion of the Legion is now only usable on Draenor to ensure players receives the appropriate reputation bonus from having a Level 3 Trading Post.
- Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent no longer has a reputation requirement with The August Celestials to learn.
- Fixed the tooltip for Wild Gladiator's Insignia of Dominance.
- Pallas' Apex Predator trait should now correctly counter Aberrations or Furies on garrison missions.
Shipyard and Naval Missions
- Ship equipment items now have "Naval Equipment" in the item tooltip, enabling it to be searchable through the bag search UI.
- Fixed an issue where completing a naval mission at the Naval Command Table did not cause the Garrison Report icon to stop blinking.
- Naval Mechanics: Credit for obtaining Equipment Blueprint: Blast Furnace should now be tracking properly and players should now be able to complete this achievement.