This Friday, November 11, come join members of the World of Warcraft development team on the Valdrakken realm in the Beta as we playtest Dragonflight’s new Crafting Order system. We will be creating and fulfilling Crafting Orders to both generate feedback on the new feature and to catch any last-minute bugs. For more information on the Crafting Order system, and our recent changes to the feature, check out the following thread: Feedback: Crafting Orders
We will be testing placing and fulfilling Crafting Orders for a total of 1 hour. The details are as follows:
- Testing begins at 2:00 p.m. PST (4:00 p.m. CST, 5:00 p.m. EST)
- Dragonflight Beta - Valdrakken realm
To playtest this with us, log into the Beta and create a character on the Valdrakken realm. Characters that are created on the Valdrakken realm are set to level 70 and are placed in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. Once you’ve logged on, players will be able to playtest as either a customer or a crafter. In order to make sure you have as much time as possible, we recommend creating your characters in advance of the test.
If you’d like to focus on placing crafting orders as a customer and having others fulfill them for you, you can talk to Clerk Galesong in the Trade District/Valley of Strength to open the Place Crafting Order UI. Then follow these steps:
- Browse for an item you wish to order.
- Customize it as you see fit.
- Write a (courteous) message.
- Post the order.
By default, your order will be public, allowing any appropriately knowledgeable crafter on your realm to fulfill it. You can also choose to send a guild order or a personal order to someone specific with the correct profession. Customers placing public orders will need to provide all of the reagents for the craft. You can find any reagent you need at the profession vendors next to Clerk Galesong.
If you’d like to fulfill crafting orders, crafters will need to learn the profession of their choosing and learn the appropriate recipes. To fast-track learning your Profession, you can talk to Associate Professor Instructaur in the Trade District/Valley of Strength to learn the base Profession and the Dragon Isles Profession skill. Then follow these steps:
- Buy the “Professor Instructaur’s Brain” item to immediately set your Profession Skill to 100 (don’t forget to learn your recipes from Professor Instuctaur once you’ve hit 100 Skill!).
- Open the Professions UI and navigate to the Crafting Orders tab to view and claim orders while near the profession vendor NPCs in the Trade District/Valley of Strength.
- Provide any missing reagents.
- Craft the item in question.
- Compose a (courteous) message back to your customer.
- Complete the order.
- Collect your commission.
The World of Warcraft development team will be focusing on both placing and fulfilling Crafting Orders for various professions, so feel free to playtest as either a customer or a crafter.
We look forward to playtesting with you and reading your feedback afterward, see you there!