Following a discussion on race/faction change on the burning crusade forums, I’m making this thread here to potentially get an official response and to see what my fellow Community Council members have to say on the subject.
Many people seems to want Race and/or Faction change as a service for a few reasons. While I cannot speak for others, I will try my best to list the reasons many provided:
- Wanting to play Draenei or Blood Elf with the character they made back in Classic Vanilla.
- Not wanting to be held back by their original choice of race due to racial ability, especially with WotLK heavy changes done to most racial abilities.
- Not wanting to lose all their character’s progression (Titles, mounts, reputation, etc.) just to restart as the race they wish to play.
- Those services were available in original WotLK.
- It is preferable to buying a boost.
- (Faction change specific) To be able to play with friends.
As for the concerns regarding this:
- Commitment to a character should be meaningful.
- (Faction change specific) Faction balance.
This being said, the sentiment overall seems to be in favor of some form of service, with or without restrictions.
This leads to a few questions:
- What is Blizzard stance on Race/Faction change for WotLK Classic?
- How is Faction and Server balance going to be handled moving forward? Does it affect the decision to allow or not Faction change?