- April 5, 2022, 9:04 p.m.
We do feel it is important that players returning to the game after a lengthy break, or players that switch to a new character, are able to participate in relevant activities in a reasonable amount of time. This did become more challenging as the expansion progressed so The Broker Mark of Distinction was introduced to jump players to Renown 40. This provided a catch-up for Renown without supplementing a character’s progression, similar to gear rewards from quests in new zones.
As we continued to monitor discussions, we’ve seen how one of the most important steps to reach is Renown 60 as that is when all traits are unlocked for all three Soulbinds (from there it is mainly the enhancements that are unlocked). We feel that being able to more easily reach that level of Renown will create a balance between contributing to the most current content and having room for growth on an individual character. Additionally, we want the path to Renown 80 to have a bit more clarity, especially for characters that have already completed the Covenant campaign questlines.
To help achieve this, we plan to make the following changes in 9.2.5:
- The Broker Mark of Distinction will increase the Renown of your currently active Covenant to 60, up from 40
- Renown catch-up is accelerated through Renown 60, up from 48
- These activities will now have a 100% chance to reward 1 Renown upon completion:
- Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons
- Torghast Layers 9-16
- Defeating a Shadowlands raid boss encounter
- Winning a Rated Battleground
Thank you for your feedback!