#0 - Oct. 15, 2008, 5:50 a.m.
We are happy to announce that the new patch brings a great many excellent features and changes. While these changes offer many improvements, they can also take a little time to learn and adjust to. One of these changes involves how certain user interface options and resets are now handled.
First, as with any major patch, it is a very good idea to completely reset your user interface. As certain options, such as combat text, key-bindings and macros are now stored realm side they will no longer be reset as part of a full user interface reset. In the meantime, to perform a full user interface reset, you can follow these steps, as well as the extra included steps if you also want to reset Interface Panel Options, key-bindings or macros:
Q u o t e:
1) *IMPORTANT* Exit the World of Warcraft to your desktop by logging out of the game and exiting. If World of Warcraft isn't closed, then these steps won't have the desired effect.
2) If you used an "installer" for a custom UI, see if it has an "uninstaller" and use it.
3) Inside the World of Warcraft Program Folder, delete the "WTF," "Cache," and "Interface" folders.
4) Restart your computer.
5) Please do not reinstall Addons prior to testing the issue you were experiencing.
6) Make sure that you are using WOW.EXE or LAUNCHER.EXE to start the game. Please do not run any UI installers beforehand, as we want to eliminate them as part of the issue.
Currently there is an option that can be accessed from the login screen which carries the ‘Reset UI Settings’ label. Please note that this is option will simply reset your configurable UI Options to default, it is not a full user interface reset. The label on this option will likely be changed in a future content patch. Here’s a more detailed explanation:
Q u o t e:
Basic Interface Panel Options Reset:
(Note: This will reset all standard Blizzard Interface Options including those not accessible from the Interface Panel. This WILL NOT remove any installed addons or third party UI mods.)
1) Exit the World of Warcraft by logging out of the game to your login screen.
2) On the login screen, click on the “Options” button.
3) Click on the “Reset UI Settings” button.
4) Click on “Okay” to confirm the base UI options reset.
The standard full user interface reset will no longer reset key-bindings and macros. While under normal circumstances it shouldn’t be necessary to reset these settings, here are the steps you can take if you desire to do so:
Q u o t e:
(Note: This must be done in-game. There is no current method of resetting all macros. Macros must be manually deleted one at a time.)
1) Open your “Create Macro” window in-game by going to the options menu in-game and pressing the “Macros” button or by typing in “/macro” (without the quotes) into your chat window.
2) Select the macro tab you wish to remove a macro from (General Macros or the Character Specific Macro tab).
3) Select the macro you wish to delete and click on the “Delete” button on the bottom left hand corner of the “Create Macro” window.
4) Follow the same procedure to delete additional macros.
Key Bindings Reset:
(Note: This must be done in-game)
1) Open your “Key Bindings” window by going to the options menu in-game.
2) Choose whether you want to reset your general key bindings or character specific key bindings by checking or un-checking the “Character Specific Key Bindings” check box in the upper right hand corner of the “Key Bindings” window.
3) Click on the “Reset To Default” button.
Thank you for joining us, and have fun!