Welcome to the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Patch 3.4.2 Public Test Realm!
May 4th 2023
Trial of the Crusader
- The Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 and 25 player raids will be available for testing starting Friday May 5 at 20:00 CEST and will remain available until Monday May 8 at 19:00 CEST.
- To access the Raid you will need to travel to northeastern Icecrown and enter the raid dungeon via the portal at the Argent Tournament Grounds.
- To facilitate testing, we have re-enabled character copy for players to copy their live characters, and starter level 80 characters may be created using the available Templates. Please note that vendors have not been updated with Ulduar loot for this testing period.
- Developer’s Note: While we do typically provide gear options from the current raid tier when performing tests on future raids, for Trial of the Crusader we felt that it would be a more accurate a realistic test if we relied on live characters copied with their actual gear. While some players may be fully equipped with hard mode gear from Ulduar, most will not. Adding all of the best gear to the vendor could significantly impact the data we are able to get from this testing period. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
- Trial of the Crusader (Normal Mode) share a lockout with Trial of the Grand Crusader (Heroic Mode), but you may dynamically swap from Normal to Heroic and back again within the same raid size.
For example, if your raid group clears the raid up through Faction Champions on Heroic Mode, you may swap to Normal mode and complete the instance on Normal.
You may also do this difficulty swapping on a per-boss basis. Using the example above, you may clear up through Faction Champions on Heroic, then swap to Normal for the Twin Valkyr encounter, and then swap back to Heroic for the Anub’arak encounter.
Please do note that in order to be eligible for Tribute to Insanity and the additional tribute chest and rewards, you must do the entire Trial of the Grand Crusader raid on Heroic Difficulty in that same lockout.
10 Player and 25 player versions of the raid are still separate lockouts and do not impact one another at all.
The requirement to have cleared Trial of the Crusader before attempting Trial of the Grand Crusader has been removed.
- The Level 80 version of Onyxia’s Lair raid is available for testing now and will remain open for the duration of the current PTR testing period.
- The level 80 version of Onyxia’s Lair is now the default version of the raid. However, players may speak to Zidormi outside of Onyxia’s Lair to gain a “time travelling” buff that enables access to the level 60 classic version of the Raid.
- To remove this buff and access the level 80 version again, simply speak to Zidormi again to remove it.
- The Argent Tournament construction has been completed! All new quests and dailies are now available at this hub in northeastern Icecrown.
Titan Rune Dungeons – Defense Protocol Beta
- This content is not yet available for testing but is coming soon.
Isle of Conquest
- This content is not yet available for testing but is coming soon.
Bug Fixes and Gameplay Adjustments
Spells and Abilities
- The so-called “DoT Munching” behavior most readily noticeable in Deep Wounds and Ignite has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue that caused spells with Equipped Item requirements to not be removed when the player no longer meets the requirements of the spell.
- Developer’s note: A notable example of this is a warrior swapping to a shield to cast Spell Reflection, and then immediately unequipping the shield. With this fix the spell reflection aura is removed after the shield is removed.
- Meta Gems may no longer be swapped in combat.
- Resolved an Issue that allowed players to keep themselves and enemies in combat indefinitely by repeatedly casting buff effects on a player-controlled pet, even after the pet has gone into passive mode.
- Shaman - Fixed an issue that caused the Earthgrab effect from the Shaman talent Storm, Earth, and Fire to not respect diminishing returns.
- Mage – Fixed an issue causing the absorb effect from Sacred Shield to not be gained when gained by mages using the Spell Steal ability.
- Mage – Fixed an issue causing Frostfire Bolt to always remove Fireball! if you have the mage tier 8 4-piece bonus.
- Warlock – Fixed an issue causing Unstable Affliction to not be affected by Resilience.
- Warlock – Fixed a visual issue with Rain of Fire.
- Rogue – Resolved an issue that allowed Rogues to maintain combo points on a target after gaining them from Honor Among Thieves, and then swapping to a different spec that does not have Honor Among Thieves talented.
- Rogue – Resolved an issue that caused Rogues to be knocked out of Stealth when using Slice and Dice with an enemy affected by Vigilance.
- Druid – The previous adjustments specifically to Faerie Fire (Feral) and Omen of Clarity procs that were outlined here have been reverted. This implementation has been replaced with a new Glyph of Omen of Clarity major glyph which grants the same effect, causing Faerie Fire (Feral) to always proc Omen of Clarity
- Developer’s Note: This is going to be an extremely small loss in damage for the druid for replacing an existing glyph, but the previous adjustments resulted in a larger than intended damage increase for Feral DPS, so this helps to retain the benefits of that adjustment but does so at the cost of a Major Glyph slot instead.
- Death Knight – Fixed several issues with Dancing Rune Weapon:
- Resolved an issue causing the version of Death Coil cast by Dancing Rune Weapon to do base damage and inherit no stats from the Death Knight.
- Resolved an issue where Dancing Rune Weapon was not mimicking the Slow Effect of Chains of Ice.
- Resolved an issue preventing the correct version of Death Knight abilities to be used by Dancing Rune Weapon.
- Resolved an issue causing the melee damage done by Dancing Rune Weapon to be incorrect. The damage done will now be much closer to 50% of the Death Knight’s damage, with some variation due to exact gear configurations such as equipped weapon speed.
- The Target of Target frame is now properly showing debuffs.
- Fixed an issue where items unequipped using the equipment manager have multiple incorrect interactions when a Quiver container is not in the final bag slot.
- Fixed a bug where targets that were automatically acquired after the player is attacked are dropped when the player moves out of melee range of the attacking enemy target.
- Fixed an issue where pets that are resurrected in a raid group show up with a solid black health bar in the default raid frames.
Art and Environment
- The goblins responsible for the theft of the water in The Battle for Wintergrasp epic battleground have been apprehended and the missing water has been replaced.
- The minimap on the top level of Drak’tharon Keep is no longer displaying grey, untextured boxes where the exterior terrain should be.
- Resolved an issue preventing pets from pathing into certain areas of the Ruins of Lordaeron arena map.
Raids and Dungeons
- Noth the Plaguebringer no longer takes his loot with him to the Twisting Nether when he is killed at the same moment he teleports to his balcony for the intermission add phase.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Yogg-Saron encounter to become stuck in Phase 1 if players touch a cloud too quickly after defeating General Vezax.
- Fixed an issue where XT-002 Deconstructor could become unlootable if the boss is killed while a Life Spark is evading.
- Fixed an issue where the Frost Orb spell impact animation would persist after Hodir’s Fury is used during the Flame Leviathan encounter.
- Fixed an issue causing Orgrimmar guards to attack the Summoned Incubus during the Warlock quest “The Binding”, which made the quest to be very difficult to complete.
Items and Rewards
- The Sons of Hodir have upped their fashion game and there is now a Sons of Hodir tabard available from Lillehoff in Dun Niffelem, Storm Peaks.
- A new vendor has been added to Dalaran; the Animated Constellation. This vendor will exchange items from Ulduar 10-player Hard Mode for a new Sidereal Essence currency.
- Developer’s Note: The newest iteration of Titan Rune Dungeons is not yet available for testing, but when it becomes available, we’ll do a full breakdown of this vendor and how rewards in Defense Protocol Beta will function.
- With the release of Trial of the Crusader, Ulduar item drops will be adjusted:
- Ulduar 10 Normal Mode items now drop from Defense Protocol Beta bosses in Titan Rune Dungeons
- Ulduar 25 Normal Mode items now drop from Ulduar 10.
- Ulduar 10 Hard Mode items still drop from Ulduar 10 Hard Modes.
- Ulduar 25 Hard Mode items still only drop from Ulduar 25 Hard Modes.
Raid and Dungeons:
- Swapping been Normal and Heroic difficulties in Trial of the Crusader may cause enemy health bars to appear as if the enemy does not have full health.
- Note: This is a visual issue only and the enemies’ health is correct.
- The visual for Anub’arak’s Leeching Swarm is missing on player targets.
- When the difficulty is set to Heroic, the raid portal for Trial of the Grand Crusader is missing the 3d Skull Spell visual.
- A Tribute to Immortality can currently be earned even after killing a boss in normal during that same lockout.
- When standing in the middle of the Crusader’s Coliseum arena in Trial of the Crusader/Grand Crusader the minimap will turn green and the zone name changes to the Icy Depths.
- You may not get a notification that you are saved to Trial of the Crusader or Trial of the Grand Crusader when you kill your first boss in the lockout.
- Note: This is a visual issue only and you will still be saved to that lockout.
- You are unable to enter the 10 and 25 player versions of Onyxia’s lair if you are already locked to the 40 player, level 60 version.
- You may experience a game crash when checking and unchecking the “Low Level Quests” minimap tracking option while in Dalaran.
- Your own player name and targeting circle may turn yellow when an enemy targets you if you have the Raid Self Highlight menu option enabled.
- The Mac Version of Wrath of the Lich King Classic is currently experiencing multiple Lua errors.
- Note: We are aware of most of these, but please still feel free to report any errors you encounter here in the PTR forum. Thank you!
- There are visual issues with the animation for the Hunter ability Flare.