- Sept. 21, 2007, 1:05 p.m.
Q u o t e:
1. Are doubleposts allowed? I can't really see any rule forbidding this, unless it goes under spam. What about tripleposts etc? ( No I will not moan about vaneras tripleposts back some time, I honestly dont care, was just a little teasing him, question is for normal users)
2. Since posting about a locked / deleted thread is forbidden, is it also forbidden to make a new post about a thread that has been autolocked and where the post limit was not made bigger?
3. Is posting about a ban forbidden?
4. Is posting links with Adult only / over 12 years only context forbidden, if you give a warning before that? for example a youtube link wich requires age 18+ ?
5. When is a post considered to be "necroed"? What is the time after the last post when you can still anwser to it?
6. Is bumping really forbidden? Or more like, do you take any action against bumpers?
7. Do you read only the reported post, or is it like a link to the thread and you read everything there?
8. How much do you read on your own? Like do you read a lot of posts without them being reported, or is it basically nescessary to report every single thing so that you remark it?
9. From point 7, if a person violates the rules often in one thread, is it nescessary to report him every time ?
10. Do you CM's know who sent the petition?
11. Is there a way to know if you are reported? (exapt asking someone to chek)
12. Is there a way to know who reported you?
13. Is there a way to see all ones previous bans?
14. How far is talking about sex allowed?
15. how much weight do you put on the "reason" when reporting a post? Should you always try to explain well why the post is violating the rules, or is it enough to just put a "." there and you figure it out yourselves?
16. When an account is banned, is it allowed to log on another account and post with it?
1. There's no rule against posting twice in a row, as long as each post is abiding by the guidelines. Unless the first post is very long or the posts address specific other posts or points it's preferable that people keep it to one post though, maybe by editing it.
2. A topic that run to the post limit may be continued in a new thread. However, it's a good tip to check whether the subject is still valid and whether the thread can benefit from starting off with a summary of the old thread. Just a link with "read this other 25 page thread to know what my thread is about" isn't a very good way to start a thread. ;)
3. Not really, but it's not going to help in any way to post about it here, and we prefer to consistently lock such and point people to the web form as the presentation of the issue is often rather biased. (E.g. "I was only offering criticism" when the actual post used quite insulting terms.)
4. The game is rated 12+ and we ask that everybody keep that in mind when posting on the forums. Posting or linking to sexually explicit content will most likely lead to a ban (yes, a ban, not a suspension).
5. There's no hard line. Necro-posting is generally the act of reviving an old thread when the topic can be considered dead or would benefit more from simply having a new thread created about it. If nobody has replied in the last month, there's probably a new thread for it, or a good reason people left it to die.
6. Yes, and yes.
7. We don't read everything in every thread where a post is reported, but we do check the threads.
8. If you feel several posts warrant a reaction, please report them all. We're naturally more likely to check through a thread that looks like a flame-war than one which seems calm but with a single post stepping over the line.
9. Not necessary, but helpful.
13. No. (Well, a moderator can, but not a player.)
14. See #4. In general, if you wish to discuss sex, maybe you should find a sex discussion board.
15. Usually we spot the problem as soon as we see the post text. If we're in doubt why someone felt offended or otherwise reported the post we will check the report reason(s).
16. No. The suspension is intended to remove the person (temporarily or permanently) from the forums. The person using another account defies the entire point of the suspension, and we normally react harshly on such.
Edit: form, not forum