Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports regarding the changes to Torghast, Tower of the Damned.
TORGHAST, TOWER OF THE DAMNED
The total number of floors per run is now 5 (was 6).
The Tarragrue will now be terrorizing players in the Sanctum of Domination and as such, there is no longer a death counter barrier for continuing your run.
Bosses no longer regenerate health after they have defeated you.
New Scoring System and Perks
- You are now scored based on performance after successfully completing a run. At the end of the run, your score will be ranked and you will be awarded with Tower Knowledge, which can be spent at The Box of Many Things to acquire permanent Perks and grow stronger, which will allow you to combat the enemies in Torghast even quicker.
- Save souls and defeat the Jailer’s forces to become Empowered, allowing you to more effectively crush your foes through a variety of combat and score bonuses.
- Developers’ note: We want to thank everyone for taking the time to provide feedback on the updates to Torghast. The team has been reading through and iterating the design based on your feedback. A specific change that we’ve made focuses around the common feedback that the Empowered Bar creates a feeling of time pressure that was negatively impacting the playstyle of Torghast. We’ve addressed this by changing the mechanic and we’d love to hear your thoughts after trying out these changes:
- The Empowered Bar is now more like a “Special” meter than a “Streak” or “On Fire” bar and is filled by performing actions that earn score and no longer decays over time or with deaths.
- Once you meet a certain threshold on the Empowered Bar, an extra action button appears that you can use to become Empowered. You will remain Empowered for a duration based on the amount of bar that was filled.
- Empowered provides a number of combat bonuses that can be increased or added at the Box of Many Things. Also, all actions while Empowered contribute to a score bonus at the end of the run.
- Four new and more challenging Layers have been introduced, Layers 9–12.
- Layers are now unlocked by reaching a specific rating in the previous Layer’s run.
New Bonus Floor: Adamant Vaults
- Brave adventurers who make their way through Layers 9–12 efficiently will now be given the option to enter the Adamant Vaults, a new set of floors in Torghast. There they will be challenged against the new creatures and traps that lie within for a chance at even greater rewards.
- Starting at Layer 4, Torments are applied to increase the challenge of the run.
- Torments are displayed on the HUD and provide an additional challenge to overcome.
- Torments are selected per wing per day.
- The existing Torments are no longer applied.
- Through Tower Knowledge, you can unlock Blessings that will provide bonuses to your run.
- Like Torments, Blessings are selected per wing per day.
- The amount of Soul Ash that is awarded for the first completed run of the week for any given Torghast Wing and Layer has been increased.
- Repeat runs of previously completed Torghast Wings and Layers will now award partial Soul Ash.
- Players that have unlocked Layer 9 of Torghast will now be able to transfer Soul Ash at a slight loss to another character on their account by seeking out Bonesmith Heirmir in Korthia.
Thank you for helping test the changes!