Welcome to the latest World of Warcraft news and update roundup. Read on to learn what’s happening in the Shadowlands, Dragonflight, and WoW Classic.
The frost thickens and the air grows colder as we draw closer to the launch of Wrath of the Lich King Classic on September 26. Pre-patch is now live, and you can play a Death Knight now to prepare for the challenge against the Lich King and end his reign of terror.
WoW Classic News and Development
Shatter the Ice: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Goes Live September 26
The Lich King, Arthas Menethil, sits in the ominous Icecrown Citadel scheming to claim the world as his own—a plan threatening all life on Azeroth. Explore bone-chilling lands, storm Icecrown Citadel, and halt the Lich King’s baleful efforts once more in this rerelease of the 2008 expansion. Everything you need to know can be found in our article.
Building Azeroth: The Wrathgate
In our third episode of the Building Azeroth series for Wrath of the Lich King Classic, Lead Cinematic Narrative Designer Terran Gregory takes us on a journey through World of Warcraft’s first-ever In-Game Cinematic and how it forever changed the future of storytelling in WoW. Link to the video is in our article.
Dragonflight News and Development
Things to Do in the Shadowlands When You're (Mostly) Dead
When the Dragonflights of Azeroth return, you'll leave the Shadowlands behind. Before you journey back to the realm of the living, you may want to spend your remaining moments in the afterlife seeking out a few rewards that will no longer be obtainable (or more difficult to acquire) in the upcoming expansion—Dragonflight. More details can be read in our article.
Warcraft Short Story: “Visage Day”
Don’t miss the charming and heartfelt short story, Visage Day—travel Azeroth with Chromie as she seeks wisdom from her fellow dragons in creating a visage, the mortal form dragons choose when coming of age.
Dragonflight Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only)
- Dragonflight Beta class updates [Learn More]
Solo Shuffle Showdown Is Kicking Off Soon!
Solo queue fans, rejoice! Get ready for the first Solo Shuffle tournament, as 36 players from NA and EMEA duke it out for a share of the $100,000 (USD) prize pool! Learn more about these events here.
Here are the latest hotfixes that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied, so check back often.
Get A Northrend Upgrade Before Your Journey to Icecrown
The frozen wastes of Northrend await you, hero! World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King® Classic™ launches on September 26, and the pre-expansion patch is now live. Details on getting some upgrades before you journey to Icecrown await you in this article.
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
- Fated Raids: Sanctum of Domination
- The week, bosses in Sanctum of Domination are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
- Battleground Bonus Event
- While this event is active, random Battlegrounds will award Honor at an increased rate. Glory awaits in the fields of battle!
- PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard
- Put away your bathing suit, pull out your parka, and enter a winter wonderland as the Arathi Basin you know and love gets a fresh coat of ice and snow.
- Brewfest (also in WoW Classic)
- First celebrated by the dwarves, Brewfest now holds appeal among all the races of Azeroth! Visit the Alliance camp outside Ironforge or the Horde camp outside Orgrimmar and join the party!
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
Beginning Next Week:
- Fated Raids: Sepulcher of the First Ones
- This week, bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
- PvP Brawl: Gravity Lapse
- Is gravity getting you down? Step into the Eye of the Storm and prepare for a new en-lighten-ing experience.
- Timewalking Dungeon Event
- While this event is active, players level 50 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.
Beginning the week of October 3:
- Darkmoon Faire
- Meet Silas Darkmoon and his troupe, play games that test mind and nerve, and behold exotic sights from the four corners of Azeroth… and beyond!
- Fated Raids: Castle Nathria
- This week, bosses in Castle Nathria are empowered with increased difficulty and a special affix. Loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level.
- Torghast: Beasts of Prodigum
- Beasts of Prodigum have been unleashed up Torghast, Tower of the Damned!
- PvP Brawl: Comp Stomp
- Jump into Arathi Basin for a head-to-head battle against AI opponents.
- Shadowlands Dungeon Event
- While this event is active, the final boss of each Shadowlands dungeon awards an extra item when defeated.
- The Great Gnomeregan Run
- Join the Gnomes as they celebrate their unrelenting moxie! Race across the Eastern Kingdoms, from Gnomeregan down to Booty Bay!
Check your in-game calendar for a list of the current and upcoming in-game event start times!