After completing your Wrath of the Lich King Classic adventures in Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord, you’ll be guided into the chilly zones of Dragonblight and Grizzly Hills on your continuing journey to face the Lich King.
Dragonblight, the largest zone in Northrend, is a vast arctic graveyard littered with the ice-encrusted bones of colossal dragons. In Dragonblight, the five great Dragon Aspects were given their charge to watch over Azeroth.
At the center of Dragonblight lies Wyrmrest Temple, surrounded by the five Dragonshrines: Obsidian, Azure, Bronze, Emerald, and Ruby, besieged by the undead Scourge intent on raising from the ice undead dragons to serve the Lich King.
Agmar’s Hammer (Horde)
West of Wyrmrest Temple lies Agmar’s Hammer, the staging point for Overlord Agmar to lead the Horde and the Warsong Offensive in the fight against the nerubian threat.
Wintergarde Keep (Alliance)
Wintergarde is the home of the 7th Legion and serves as the primary hub for the Alliance in Dragonblight. It is under constant siege from the Scourge forces that have decimated the surrounding area.
Points of Interest
- The Obsidian Sanctum: Venture below Wyrmrest Temple to bring an end to Sartharion and his lieutenants, Shadron, Tenebron, and Vesperon.
- Azjol-Nerub and Ahn’kahet: The Old Kingdom: Once the home to a vast library of literature, philosophy, and lore. It was inhabited by the nerubians before its destruction by the Scourge.
Dragonblight is rife with conflict, and you’ll meet many denizens on your journey, like the magnataur, ice trolls, Undead Scourge, snobolds, and more.
Grizzly Hills (74–77)
Nestled between Zul’Drak and Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills is an untamed forest filled with threats from all sides. At the heart of this massive forest sits Grizzlemaw, home to this region’s furbolg tribes that have taken over the fallen World Tree, Vordrassil, and made it their own.
Amberpine Lodge (Alliance)
This is the primary Alliance outpost in Grizzly Hills and was once a refuge for the region’s hunters, trappers, and woodsmen. It has since been commandeered by the Alliance Vanguard for military use.
Conquest Hold (Horde)
The central Horde hub in the Grizzly Hills is currently under the volatile control of the overtly aggressive Conqueror Krenna, who seeks to secure the region’s natural resources for the Horde.
Points of Interest
- Blue Sky Logging Grounds: This logging ground is located west of Grizzlemaw and boasts a good old-fashioned log ride. When you get there, chat with Gordun, who will ship you downriver on the happiest ride this side of Northrend.
- Drak’Tharon Keep: Once home to the Drakkari trolls and served as a formidable outpost at the edge of their kingdom, Zul’Drak, but a recent Scourge invasion has delivered the fortress into the Lich King’s hands. The keep’s fallen defenders are now the Lich King’s undead minions and are advancing into the heart of Drakkari territory.
- Amberpine Outhouse: Oh! Don’t forget to visit the outhouse outside Amberpine Lodge to dramatically relieve yourself before you embark on your adventures.
Furbolg, iron dwarves, ice trolls, worgen, and the Venture Company are some of the denizens you’ll meet in this zone. And you’ll also want to keep an eye out for aggressive wildlife.
Supplies and more!
Most of what you’ll need to survive can be procured without the continual need to travel back and forth between the main capital cities. Just be sure to grab the nearest flightpath and speak to the Innkeeper to set your Hearthstone before you set off to save Azeroth from the Lich King’s deadly intentions.
- Food and Drink
- Reagents and Supplies
- Stable Master
- Trade Goods
If you need to get to the Auction House or Bank, hop on a boat or zeppelin for a quick trip back to your capital city. Don’t forget to speak to an Innkeeper and set your Hearthstone before you go.
If you missed our article on Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord, read the article here.
We’re excited to bring this classic adventure to you, so don’t forget to sign up for the beta. And, for the latest information and updates, keep checking WorldofWarcraft.com/news and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
See you in Northrend!