In this Week's news roundup, players can now join the Shattered Sun Offensive in Sunwell Plateau, and for those who may have missed them, we linked several World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight dev interviews to catch up on.
Continue reading for more details and links to the latest news and announcements.
Shadowlands News and Development
Shadowlands Development Update Posts on the Forums (English Only)
- Scariizard talks about Season 4 rewards acquisition and the effectiveness of raid gearing overall. Check out this thread for more details.
- The Season 4 Keystone Master Deathwalker mount gets a new color scheme based on player feedback. Read all about it here.
- The School of Hard Knocks Children's Week achievement has been removed from the For the Children meta-achievement. Children's Week ended May 9, and for those wondering why you earned your achievement upon logging in, read on.
WoW Classic News and Development
Face the Fury of the Sunwell!
The content update for Burning Crusade Classic, Fury of the Sunwell, and the Sunwell Plateau raid are now live! Join the Shattered Sun Offensive and face Kil'jaeden in Sunwell Plateau in the recent content phase of Burning Crusade Classic.
LOADING SCREEN WALLPAPER
Learn more about the adventures ahead.
Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service is Retiring Soon
The World of Warcraft®: Burning Crusade Classic™ Character Clone service will soon be cycled out of the Battle.net® Shop. The service will be on sale until its retirement. You'll be able to get a Character Clone for up to 66% off to keep those characters active on both Burning Crusade Classic and WoW Classic Era realms. Read more details here.
Here are the latest hotfixes that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. Some of these hotfixes take effect the moment they are implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please remember that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied, so check back often.
World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight
Several features are coming with World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight. One that attracts a lot of curiosity is the revamp to improve professions. Many players have questions and WoW Developer, Drough, has some answers in the WoW Community Council thread: The Future of Warcraft Announcements – Professions Update.
And, if you're curious about what other devs are saying, there are several dragons-eye view interviews from members of the community you can sift through (English only):
- TruVillianManny from Warcraft Radio sits with Steve Danuser to talk about the upcoming Dragonflight expansion.
- Scott Johnson dives deeper into the Dracthyr backstory with Jeremy Feasel.
- HazelNuttyGames asks Ion Hazzikostas about Dragonriding, Player Housing, and Professions.
- Listen in on the Dragonflight developer roundtable with Steve Danuser and Ion Hazzikostas hosted by Taliesin and Evitel on Twitter Spaces.
- MrGM talks Dracthyr Evokers, class and race combos, and more with Brian Holinka.
- Asmongold talks with Ion Hazzikostas about Dragonflight, including PvP, raiding, and more.
- DesMephisto asks all about cinematics with Terran Gregory and Marc Messenger.
- And, in case you missed it earlier, Bajheera interviewed Brian Holinka to learn more about what is in store for PvP. Afterward, Holinka answered several follow-up questions for the WoW Community Council.
Return to the Icy Realm of Northrend
Later this year, you will again get to explore bone-chilling lands, storm Icecrown Citadel, and halt the Lich King’s baleful efforts. Only the most stalwart can challenge the Lich King and end his reign of terror in this rerelease of the 2008 expansion. Check out the overview for more details, and don’t forget to sign up for the upcoming beta.
Warcraft® Arclight Rumble™ Revealed!
Grab your Miniatures, put them on the battlefield, and GET READY TO RUMBLE in the first Warcraft® action-packed strategy game designed from the ground up for mobile!
Arena World Championship
Tune in on May 28 at 10:00 a.m. PDT for the AWC Circuit Shadowlands Season 3 – Week 1.
Mythic Dungeon International
Catch MDI Season 3 on YouTube as teams compete for $30,000 in prizing each weekend. This weekend's Last Stand Tournament winner, beginning May 22 on YouTube, will secure the final invite to the Mythic Dungeon International Season 3 Global Finals! Everything you need to know can be found in the Viewer's Guide.
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
- Torghast: Chorus of Dead Souls
- Dead souls swarm within Torghast, Tower of the Damned. Assume the form of a Deadsoul Chorus, granting special abilities, additional damage, healing, and movement.
- Weekly Bonus Event: Arena Skirmishes
- Sharpen your swords and reinforce your boards because you're called to the PvP Arena for the hectic mayhem of Skirmishes.
- PvP Brawl: Cooking Impossible
- Nomi is hosting a Pandaren Chili Cookoff in the Valley of the Four Winds between the Alliance and the Horde! The first to bring Nomi all of the required ingredients wins.
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
Beginning Next Week:
- PvP Brawl: Temple of Hotmogu
- Enter the Temple of Kotmogu for this fast-paced match. For a whole new twist, players will be able to throw the Orb of Power to friendly players in a game of hot potato.
- Timewalking: Wrath of the Lich King
- Looking to withstand the fires of Igniss the Furnace Master? Withstand the terrific tantrum of XT-002 Deconstructor? Or is it your very mind you want to test against the master of nightmares, Yogg-Saron? Opportunity awaits—earn transmog sets, the pets you need to earn the Raiding for Leashes IV achievement, and more.
- Glowcap Festival
- For one day only, the sporelings of Sporeggar in Zangarmarsh hold their annual mushroom festival. Help them keep the great Fshoo alive as long as possible!
Beginning the Week of May 30:
- PvP Brawl: Southshore vs. Tarren Mill
- This Brawl harkens back to the early days of WoW PvP, with an epic battle between the two towns of Tarren Mill and Southshore. In this game of war, you'll need to work as a team and deplete your foes' resources to claim victory.
- Weekly Bonus Event: World Quests
- Chart a course across the Shadowlands for this Week's Bonus Event – World Quests. All week, open your map (default hotkey-"m") and select any of the regions in Shadowlands to view the World Quests available to you.
Be sure to check your in-game calendar for a list of the current and upcoming in-game event start times!