The Lunar Festival is nigh upon us and it’s a good time to celebrate the Elders of Azeroth in WoW Classic and Shadowlands. Burning Crusade Classic has opened the doors once more on the Mount Hyjal and Black Temple raids with players entering the dark halls of the temple in pursuit of the ever-elusive Warglaives of Azzinoth.
Shadowlands: Eternity’s End content updates continue to roll out onto the PTR with many new changes making their way to the update thanks to community participation and feedback.
Shadowlands News and Development
Eternity’s End PTR Updates
Development continues on the next content update for Shadowlands: Eternity’s End, where players will be able to step into a new land—Zereth Mortis— and face Zovaal, the elusive Jailer and ruler of the Maw in Shadowlands.
Play With the Blues
On Friday, January 28, starting at 14:00 PST (17:00 EST, 23:00 CET), come join members of the World of Warcraft development team on the Broxigar PTR realm as we playtest the new Solo Shuffle Brawl that’s being added in the 9.2 Eternity’s End update! Learn more in our forum post.
Development Update Posts on the Forums
- Belt of Unity and Legendary Updates: Learn more about the ongoing changes to the Belt of Unity, the acquisition of additional Legendaries, and more.
- Encrypted Affix Updates: PTR feedback has led to additional design updates to the Encrypted Affix which mostly changes how the buffs work, including significant improvements to the two weaker effects, and some more love for healers.
- Learning to Fly in Zereth Mortis
- Developers’ note: After listening to player feedback regarding access to Zereth Mortis Flying being too time consuming, we’ve made the change to now unlock flying more easily by completing a series of achievements around Zereth Mortis instead of researching Cyphers of the First Ones.
- Developer Commentary on Class Set Philosophy: Learn more about the ongoing design philosophy behind Class Sets in the Eternity’s End content update.
- Raid Weapons and Loot Table Philosophies: Get a look inside the design philosophy behind some of the motivations and current thoughts on end-boss weapons, raid loot in general, and weapon tokens.
Keep up on all the latest updates to the PTR in our notes here.
WoW Classic News and Development
Burning Crusade Classic: Enter the Black Temple
Both the Battle for Mount Hyjal and Black Temple raid instances as well as a new daily quest hub, are now available worldwide.
Lead Cinematic Narrative Designer, Terran Gregory, takes us down memory lane to the original 2.1 patch trailer as the Black Temple makes its way to Burning Crusade Classic.Learn more about Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 in our article.
Learn more about the latest hotfixes which address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. Some of these hotfixes take effect the moment they are implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied. Check back often for updates.
Get the Wen Lo, the River’s Edge Mount with the Purchase of a 6-Month Subscription!
The fearsome Wen Lo, the River’s Edge* is now available to add to your muster of mounts! Earn your stripes with the purchase of this tiger mount from in-game or from the Blizzard Shop; or get it at no additional charge with the purchase of a 6-Month Subscription, along with the Goblin Gumbo Kettle toy** for Burning Crusade Classic.
Raider.IO Celebrates 5-Years
On January 25, community site and popular add-on Raider.IO celebrated their 5-year anniversary as a part of the World of Warcraft community and announced a new project—their official Recruitment System. You can learn all about it on their site. If you’re a fan of their work, be sure to stop by and wish them a happy anniversary.
Currently in Shadowlands
- PvP Brawl: Comp Stomp
- Torghast: Beasts of Prodigum
- Pet Battle Bonus Event
Next Week in Shadowlands
- Lunar Festival: Every year the druids of Moonglade hold a celebration of their city’s great triumph over an ancient evil. During the Lunar Festival, citizens of Azeroth have the opportunity to honor their elders by celebrating their sage wisdom, sharing in magnificent feasts…and of course, lighting fireworks.
- Mainline World of Warcraft: 1/30-2/18
- WoW Classic and Burning Crusade Classic: 1/30-2/18
- PvP Brawl: Deepwind Dunk
- Arena Skirmish Event
Wherever your adventure takes you, we'll see you in Azeroth.
*Mount not available in World of Warcraft® Classic or Burning Crusade Classic™.
**Toy not available in modern World of Warcraft®.