It’s time to give back to the children of Azeroth during Children’s Week! Take an orphan under your wing and show them the wonders of the world.
Throughout the year, the orphans of Azeroth spend much of their time wandering their home cities, dreaming of the day they’ll be old enough (and big enough) to go out into the world to experience the adventures and marvels they’ve missed as children. During Children’s Week, the giving souls of the Horde and the Alliance can help make those dreams come true.
Traveling with orphans is now easier than ever! All orphans (except Wolvar and Oracle) now have their own mounts, making it all that much easier to show them the wonders of Azeroth.
When: May 3–May 10
Levels: Available to characters level 10 or above
- Kul Tiran and Zandalari: Orphan Matron Westerson in Boralus to start the Kul Tiran orphan quest line; Padae in Zuldazar to start the Zandalari orphan quest line
- Human and Orc: Orphan Matron Nightingale in Stormwind; Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar
- Draenei and Blood Elf: Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath
- Wolvar and Oracle: Orphan Matron Aria in Dalaran.
Showing your orphaned child around can be beneficial to you and the child. Once you’ve completed the various quests associated with this event, you’ll have a choice of several pets to add to your Battle Pet collection:
If you’ve collected all these pets through the years you’ll be rewarded with the Pet Care Package which provides a variety of items, including pug costumes, Magical Pet Biscuit, and a Flawless Battle-Stone.
Meta-Achievement: For the Children
Complete the following Children’s Week achievements listed below, and you’ll earn the title reward of Matron or Patron: Home Alone; Daily Chores; School of Hard Knocks; Bad Example; Aw, Isn’t It Cute?; and Hail to the King, Baby.
Home Alone (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Use your Hearthstone while your orphan is with you.
Daily Chores (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Complete five daily quests with your orphan out.
School of Hard Knocks (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Take your orphan into the Battlegrounds and complete the feats listed below:
- Capture the flag in Eye of the Storm, assault a tower in Alterac Valley, assault a flag in Arathi Basin, return a fallen flag in Warsong Gulch
Bad Example (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Eat the sweets listed below while your orphan is watching.
- Tigule and Foror’s Strawberry Ice Cream, Tasty Cupcake, Red Velvet Cupcake, Delicious Chocolate Cake, Lovely Cake Slice, Dalaran Brownie, Dalaran Doughnut
Aw, Isn’t It Cute? (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Obtain one of the Children’s Week reward pets through questing.
Hail to the King, Baby (Part of the Meta-Achievement)
Defeat King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle with your orphan out.
Acquire Egbert’s Egg, Sleepy Willy, and Elekk Training Collar on one character.
- These are the items that unlock the battle pets Egbert, Willy, and Peanut.
Many orphans wish they had someone special to show them the wonders of the world. Throughout the year, they often spend their time wandering around their home cities of Stormwind or Orgrimmar, dreaming of the day they’ll be old enough (and big enough) to go out into the world to seek the adventures and sights they’ve missed as a child. During Children’s Week, the giving souls of the Horde and the Alliance can help make those dreams true.
Visit Famous Landmarks: Talk to either Orphan Matron Nightingale in Stormwind (Alliance) or Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar (Horde) to pick up a new little buddy you can guide around Azeroth and Outland.
Achievements! Earn many fun achievements while traveling around the world with your orphan by your side.