#0 - Sept. 13, 2010, 3:32 p.m.
- Don’t insult others ("others" covers people, classes, groups, guilds, companies, etc)
- Don’t be provocative through e.g. mockery or ridicule
- Don’t call for nerfs – it’s very provoking for those you want to nerf
- Respect the turf - whether it's Raid & Dungeons, Role-Playing (realm) forum, or a class forum, keep in mind where you are and be respectful
- Argue the topic, not the person – discrediting others is very bad form (and provoking - see above)
- “Bump”, “IBTL”, “first”
- ASCII art
- Posting the same thread in multiple forums, including posting a thread to link to another thread
- Links disguised as something else (Rickrolling, link-clicking games, etc.)
Be constructive, even when disagreeing and giving criticism. If you claim something is a fact, not just your opinion or impression, prove it.
Use a descriptive subject and refrain from using “Blizzard”, “blue”, a CM name or similar to get attention.
Mind your language - the word filter is a hint, not an excuse.
Post in English, and English only - it's the only language all moderators understand, and if a moderator can't verify that your post is not breaking the rules, it will get deleted.
Also, please note that moderators can identify all your characters. Switching character to post with suggests you’re very aware of the post being less than appreciated, and any warranted sanctions will take that into account.
Extended guidelines: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10701098&postId=107101103&sid=1#2
Forums Code of Conduct: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10701098&sid=1
Forum feedback and ban appeals: https://www.wow-europe.com/community/webform/index.html