- April 19, 2010, 10:14 p.m.
The common.mpq and common2.mpq should be in the data folder along with a few other .mpq files. These files include patch.mpq, patch2.mpq, patch3.mpq, expansion.mpq, and lichking.mpq. Keep in mind the lichking.mpq will be there only if you have the Lich King installed.
The failed to open archive interface.mpq message usually indicates missing data that the game needs to run. If this message keeps coming up you will have to uninstall and reinstall. If you need to reinstall and you have the Lich King disk, you can use that to install all three versions. This will also leave you at patch version 3.0.1. Then you will just need to patch from that version up.
Here's how to do a complete uninstall in Macs:
1. Navigate to your World of Warcraft folder. Move the entire folder to the trash.
2. Go to your Macintosh HD/Users/Shared folder and move the Blizzard folder to the Trash
3. Go to your Macintosh HD/Users/your username/Library/Preferences and delete any files associated with WOW:
(some files may not appear due to non-use)
- com.blizzard.World of Warcraft.prefs
- com.blizzard.World of Warcraft.survey.prefs
4. empty Trash
If the issue persists you can post on our Mac forums or you can email Mac support at firstname.lastname@example.org