Updated August 11
This week’s Beta and PTR builds include some updates for Marksmanship Hunters, notably their generation and spending of Focus, and updates to some of the more problematic talents.
In Battle for Azeroth, Rapid Fire’s focus generation and the Master Marksman talent increase the amount of available Focus you have a by a decent amount, which almost pushes Steady Shot’s Focus generation away from being necessary at all. Now:
- Aimed Shot Focus Cost increased to 35 (was 30).
- Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot Focus cost increased to 20 (was 15).
- Rapid Fire duration lowered to 2 seconds (was 3 seconds). Total damage dealt by Rapid Fire should be unchanged.
The above changes should cause you to spend a bit more Focus, and passively generate less from Rapid Fire.
Several talent changes are also coming to both prop up some underused talents, and replace others:
Level 15 Row:
- Redesigned: Master Marksman (Passive) – Your critical shots cause your target to bleed for 15% of the damage dealt over 6 seconds.
- Serpent Sting’s duration increased to 18 seconds (was 12 seconds).
Level 25 Row:
- Careful Aim has had the low health benefit removed as it felt redundant with Kill Shot returning. Additionally, the high health threshold has been lowered to 70% (was 80%).
Level 35 Row:
- Redesigned: Steady Focus – Casting Steady Shot twice in a row now increases your haste by 7% for 10 seconds.
- Redesigned: Streamline (Passive) – Rapid Fire damage is increased by 15%, and Rapid Fire now also reduces the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 30%.
- Chimaera Shot now replaces Arcane Shot.
- Chimaera Shot’s cooldown has been removed for Marksmanship Hunters. It has a Focus cost of 20.
- Chimaera Shot should work with everything that Arcane Shot works with, such as Precise Shots, or any Torghast Power, or Legendary effect.
- Chimera Shot no longer causes both the Frost and Nature attack to hit a single target. This is a bug fix.
Level 45 Row
- Lethal Shots proc chance has been increased to 30% (was 20%).
Level 50 Row
- Lock and Load’s proc chance has been increased to 8% (was 5%).
The above talent changes should open up some diversity in talent choices, and Chimaera Shot replacing Arcane shot opens up some alternate 2-target cleave options without increasing your action bar bloat.
In this thread, we’re discussing Hunter class changes coming in World of Warcraft: Shadowlands.
This initial post will be updated periodically throughout the Shadowlands test. Please check back here for information about further updates to this class as they are made.
Thank you for your testing and feedback!