Overwatch 2 Retail Patch Notes - October 25, 2022
A new patch is now live on PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.
For a list of known issues, visit the Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit the Technical Support forum.
HALLOWEEN TERROR 2022
It’s time to celebrate another year of fear: Halloween Terror is returning to Overwatch! Get ready for a shock, because this event introduces the next chapter in the saga of the devious Dr. Junkenstein through our completely revamped, limited time co-op mission, Junkenstein’s Revenge: Wrath of the Bride.
Dr. Junkenstein himself will also be making a grand reappearance in the original Junkenstein’s Revenge co-op Brawl, returning for a limited time to Halloween Terror 2022. From now until November 9, join your fellow heroes to confront a host of haunting horrors as you seek to safeguard Eichenwalde— or fall to the Bride’s retribution.
MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME
We want to thank our players for joining us at the start of Overwatch 2 and apologize for any issues you may have experienced around our launch, like the ones mentioned on our Known Issues Forum Post. All players who login now through the end of Season One will receive the Cursed Captain Reaper Legendary Skin and Health Pack Weapon Charm as a gift from our team. Keep an eye out for more information on our Double Match XP weekends!
- Fixed an issue where players retained 30% ultimate charge between rounds on Control maps
- Fixed an issue with Control Point maps not always correctly transitioning to overtime
- Fixed the ‘vs.’ screen not appearing in Competitive
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to invite others to Custom Game via clicking an empty spectator slot
- Fixed an issue with text chat being unavailable to gamepad users on PC
- Using Pause Match in Custom Game will no longer disable other menu buttons
- Fixed an issue with Kill Cams not playing correctly during Overtime
- Players should no longer be able to get stuck under TS-1 in the Push game mode
- Fixed an issue with controllers not being able to scroll on some UI
Modified the umbrellas and tables in the forward spawn’s café so it’s easier to move around
Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the umbrellas in the forward spawn’s café
- Fixed some areas in which players could get stuck
- Resolved a performance issue with some cannisters placed on the map
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Little Red’ skin and ‘Line Dance’ emote performing a broken animation
Bastion has been added back to the line up
Resolved an issue with Bastion’s Configuration: Artillery where you could fire more than the three allotted charges
Bastion’s weapon should no longer disappear when using Configuration: Artillery
- Jagged Blade should no longer be deflected or returned by friendly abilities
- The ‘Tanpopo’ skin can now be purchased and equipped
- Kiriko’s Heroic pose is now unlocked
- Fixed an issue with Swift Step not clearing negative side effects consistently
- Fixed an issue with Kitsune Rush not correctly reducing the cooldown of Baptiste’s Immortality Field
- Fixed a bug where Mei’s visual effects stopped playing during the match
- Resolved an issue with Mercy’s primary fire animation looping after switching weapons
- Modified the placement of Reinhardt’s Charms
- Fixed an issue where Roadhog’s Chain Hook failed to land the target when it should have hit
- Fixed an issue with Roadhog’s quick melee animation not playing correctly
- Symmetra should no longer be able to use her ultimate and place her teleporter at the same time
- Torbjörn has been added back to Competitive Play
- Overload can no longer be used multiple times in succession