#1 - Oct. 4, 2022, 7:25 p.m.
Welcome to Overwatch 2!
We wanted to keep you updated on a list of known issues affecting the game. This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting Overwatch 2, rather this is a targeted list of some known specific issues with this release.
Check out our Overwatch 2 Launch Issues post to stay in the loop on upcoming information regarding server stability, account merge, and other launch concerns.
Overwatch 2 Status Update - October 10, 2022
- 9:00 p.m. PDT: Emergency Maintenance has completed Overwatch 2 servers are live. Thank you for your patience, everyone.
- 8:00 p.m. PDT: We will be taking Overwatch 2 offline for approximately one hour.
- 7:00 p.m. PDT: The team is aware of a new issue that prevents players from accessing all their owned heroes. This is caused by an issue with our servers that tracks player progression. We are working to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.
- 3:00 p.m. PDT : Bastion is temporarily disabled everywhere in-game, and Torbjörn is temporarily disabled in competitive only. Both of these heroes are experiencing bugs that heavily impact gameplay, and we’ll share an update on them soon.
- We implemented fixes for LC-208, but there are some players still experiencing other errors in this category. The team will continue to work on additional fixes.
- We made some adjustments to help process more players through the account merge queue.
Overwatch 2 Planned Downtimes - October 7, 2022
8:30-9:30 p.m. PDT (Updated): Servers will be down for approximately an hour while we implement further fixes.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 7: Our servers are now back online.
Overwatch 2 Status Update - October 7, 2022
- New SMS Protect requirements are in effect. Console players who already had Overwatch connected to their Battle.net account no longer need to meet SMS Protect requirements. Any PC player who played OW1 in the past has this requirement removed.
- Many players who merged their accounts should be seeing their full collections, but we still have a number of lingering accounts in queue to be resolved. Players affected by this have not lost any of their collection or progress.
- We’re working towards a fix for console players who pre-purchased the Watchpoint pack but aren’t seeing the items.
- We have a fix for the LC-208 error in testing for a future update.
- We’re changing configurations within the match making system today and hope to somewhat shorten that wait throughout the day.
- We’ve gathered reports around crashes happening in a few different scenarios here and there. We will continue to work on fixes for these issues, and hope to deploy them in coming updates.
- We saw improvements following the downtimes and fixes from yesterday. More details in the section below.
Overwatch 2 Planned Downtimes and Fixes - October 6, 2022
3:00-4:00 p.m. PDT: Servers will be down while we’re rolling out a fix to address some bugs related to account merge, login, and the First Time User Experience. Players won’t be able to access the servers during this time.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 7: We’re still processing through the account merge queue, and we will continue working on that throughout the day. Players can expect to see their complete collection when their account merge is completed.
6:00-9:00 p.m. PDT (approximately): We’re conducting significant upgrades to our databases to address player queues. Players won’t be able to access the servers during this time.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 7: The team has successfully updated our database to increase player capacity and clear login queues globally.
- Players on PC may be prompted to update their client. This addresses some reports of crashes and black screen issues.
Known Launch Issues - October 4, 2022
- Players are experiencing server disconnects.
UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: Today we’ve patched a server that is critical to the login experience, this change has increased login reliability. Beyond queues, we’re in progress with another server update that will reduce the occurrences of players being disconnected once they’re already in game.
We’re also adding nodes to ease the pressure of our player database being overloaded. Adding nodes requires replication of data, which inherently adds more pressure to an already stressed system, so we’re doing it slowly to not cause any further disruption.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 7: Some players are still experiencing disconnects due to ongoing maintenance, but we are seeing improvements to the
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: Today we’ve patched a server that is critical to the login experience, this change has increased login reliability. Beyond queues, we’re in progress with another server update that will reduce the occurrences of players being disconnected once they’re already in game.
- A small amount of players who merged their PC and console accounts are seeing an “Unexpected Server Error."
UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: Half of reports are coming from players who have not yet completed their account merge. This is understandable because there’s a bug causing the account merge prompt to not show up on some consoles. This is a difficult issue for us to test internally, but we rolled out a UI fix earlier today to make your account merge status clearer.
In the other half of reported cases for this issue, things are just taking longer than expected for items from the original Overwatch to transfer and populate in Overwatch 2. If you’re experiencing this issue, please perform your account merge if you’ve played Overwatch on multiple platforms previously, and re-login to see if this addresses the problem.
In all cases, no player data has been wiped or lost, and we will continue to monitor this issue.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: Half of reports are coming from players who have not yet completed their account merge. This is understandable because there’s a bug causing the account merge prompt to not show up on some consoles. This is a difficult issue for us to test internally, but we rolled out a UI fix earlier today to make your account merge status clearer.
- Incorrectly Locked Heroes and Items for Existing Players.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: These cases are almost certainly related to our new First Time User Experience (FTUE) flow incorrectly being applied to existing players. We have seen relogging into the game resolve this issue in most cases, and we will continue to work towards a complete fix.
- Some players are reporting they have no friends lists
- Endorsement Reward Battle Pass XP amount is displaying incorrectly, but the proper amount of XP is rewarded
- Some players are experiencing an LC-208 error, and the team is currently investigating a fix for this issue
- Players who purchased Kiriko’s Tanpopo Skin unlocked the Fuji Skin, instead.
- We’re processing refunds to impacted players
- Numbani, Necropolis, Illios CTF, and Temple of Anubis are temporarily disabled while we work through bugs related to these maps
- Some players to fall through the map when spawning in the Bounty Hunter Arcade mode
- Kiriko and Sojourn’s Heroic poses are incorrectly locked and priced
- Using Alt + Tab in fullscreen and windowed borderless can result in a blackscreen
- The camera may be misplaced on the level when viewing your Highlights
- Hero Unlock challenges may fail to progress in Total Mayhem
- Workshop Green Screen and Workshop Island are loading incorrect maps and may break some existing codes
- Echo is playing Kiriko, Sojourn, and Junker Queen ultimate lines in English for non-English languages
- Mitigating Bastion’s damage as many heroes will not grant proper credit for the System-Wide Malfunction season challenge
- SMS protect - Using a number that is already in use on another account can leave the client in an unusable state. If you encounter this, close the title, log into the affected http://battle.net/ account via web browser and change the number to one that is unique
- Prices for dynamic bundles in some Just For You sections are now populating
- Players can now invite their friends or recent players using the Social UI
- Kiriko and Sojourn’s heroic victory poses were intended to be free, so players who purchased them will receive a refund. Their heroic victory poses will be available for free to all players in our next scheduled release.
- Players who owned Happi Genji prior to launch and purchased the skin again after launch will get their tokens returned
- We’re starting to process of granting tokens back into their accounts today and will continue into late tomorrow
- Match History and Replays are now present in Career Profile
Thank you for you for your understanding and patience while we work on solutions! We’ll let you know as soon as we have an update!!