A PTR Pop-up is coming this Thursday, August 5. The focus for this PTR is to get into the details of what is causing lag spikes and/or game freezes for players. This has been a recurring issue for players, and we’re hoping to gather information with the intent to fix this inconvenience and improve game stability for all Diablo III players.
To be transparent, reproducing this issue has provided our internal teams with unique challenges, and with this PTR Pop-up, we’ve incorporated new player log capabilities within D3Debug.txt to dive into this issue with all of you. We’re hoping that our collective efforts can help contribute to a fix for all players.
References threads below:
- [Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds
- Freezing Issue installed Fmodex64.dll file - Fix Needed
Phase 1: How do we approach this issue?
- We’re kindly asking for you to play the PTR Pop-up which starts on August 5, with the intent to specifically reproduce the bug/freeze issue.
- If you encounter an instance of the freeze/lag bug, please share your D3Debug.txt file within this thread via https://pastebin.com/
- Please share any steps to reproduce the issue within the same post.
Phase 2: Incoming Reactive Fixes
- Our teams will be gathering the data with plans to update the build during the PTR Pop-up testing period.
- The core process will involve pushing out a new build and asking for players to continue to test.
- If players experience the issue again, we’re requesting for players to continue to update the thread with new D3Debug.txt files (via pastebin.com)
Phase 3: Rinse & Repeat
- We’re hoping to go through this course to the point where we gather enough to fix the issue.
- Continued request for D3Debug.txt files for those who encounter the issue.
We understand that this is taking place during Season 24, and we apologize if this time to test is taking away from your experience. We want to extend our thanks for considering participating in the Pop-up PTR and we hope to keep the thread busy with updates.
Thank you for taking the time to read and look forward to seeing you in the PTR!